Happy Monday to you all! I have been really busy lately, which means that I have a ton of exciting new shoots to share with you this week (but I better to get back to editing right away)! 🙂 I just wanted to pop by to say hello to all my online friends and to give you a sneak peek from a lovely mother + kids session I shot in Berlin last week. (Look at those eyes!!!!!!!!! LOVE) More to come soon…
Archives for January 2012
Being the big pinner I am, I’m constantly inspired and full of new ideas for styled wedding shoots. One of the ideas I’m playing with for February is to organize a styled bridal shoot in Barcelona. I know that the hippie boho trend is big right now and not the most original of ideas, but being the flower child I am, I’d still love to create my own take of this beautiful topic. Sunset on the beach, lens flare, a guitar, boho accessories, flower crowns…. yes yes yes! Organizing a shoot like that is much more work than you’d think though… you need to find the right model, the right dress, the fitting props, a great hair& makeup artist, a stylist, a good location…etc. But its all worth it once I have the final product in my camera! If you’re looking for new ideas I suggest you start using Pinterest if you don’t already and don’t be afraid to reach out to vendors who share similar visions to yours! Can’t wait to see this shoot come to life and share the images with you all! 😉 HAPPY WEEKEND!
(you can find the source of all these images (and more) in this Pinterest board)
Caitlin is not only an amazing fashion photographer, but a very dear friend of mine too. Her love story with her now husband Jordi is a true fairy tale, which made me believe again that the blonde prince on that white horse might actually exist! 😉 Well, that story will have to be told on another day… (round two of their engagement session and Caitlin’s bridal shoot coming soon! ;)) but as a lil’ appetizer I can tell you that these two have decided that they can’t live without each other and tied the knot so quickly, that they didn’t have time to get engagement shots done before the big day… so here we were 4 months after their wedding, doing a love/post-engagement session for them in the beautiful Parc Guell in Barcelona. Their love is truly special and I’m very happy and honored to have been given the chance to capture it! Enjoy! 😉 To be continued…
Thank you so much for your sweet feedback regarding my previous En Route to Shine post. It’s hard to believe that I’ve come so long, that I can actually help others out and if I can, I damn sure will! 😉 So how did I get so smart you might ask… (haha please feel the ironic tone in my webvoice ;)). The biggest part of my learning process was reading other photographers’ blogs, learning about their experiences, hearing their stories and soaking in their tutorials! There are a lot of wonderful photographers out there who dedicate themselves not only to be top notch wedding photographers but also inspirations to the “new generation”. They share their secrets, they share their stories and make it their goal to make all of us dreamers out their believe that we can actually do it! With hard work and dedication (ok I might have watched too many Biggest Loser episodes… if you don’t know what I’m talking about… good for you! Junk TV is my
best friend enemy! ;))
Here are a few photographers whose blog was worth a million photography/business books for me. If you’re just starting out, I suggest you read up their archives and make use of their wisdom! They sure know what they are talking about!
1. Jasmine Star – I have talked about my love for JStar several times on this blog before, but honestly, noone has been more inspiring or a bigger help on my journey than this girl. I’ve spent weeks if not months reading every single blogpost she has ever written and I might have a slight case of a stalker here too… 😉 She has the perfect photography dream story, coming from nothing, not having a clue about photography but than very quickly becoming one of the top 10 wedding photographers of the world. MUST READ!!!
2. Justin & Mary – They are not only a rockin photography couple, but they are some of the nicest, most humble people I know in photography blog world! Mary actually answers every single blog comment and my heart skipped a beat when I first read a comment from her on my blog!!! Mary…. keep rockin! (awww…. they are awesome teachers too btw ;))
3. Katelyn James – this girl surely knows how to build a brand for yourself and she is not afraid to share her secrets! Her blog is one of my daily top reads!
4. Zach & Jody Gray – Seriously awesome wedding photographers with seriously awesome content geared toward photographers on their blog & website!
5. Rock n Roll Bride – The Green Room – I bet you all know Kat and her amazeball of a blog Rock n Roll bride. However what you may not know is that she has just started a new section of her blog called the Green Room, where she posts about the business of weddings, interviews with photographers and top notch content you definitely want to read! 😉
I hope you’ll enjoy reading through my faves! If you know of anyone else that should be on my list, don’t be shy… I’d love to start stalking them too! 😉