Thank you so much for your sweet feedback regarding my previous En Route to Shine post. It’s hard to believe that I’ve come so long, that I can actually help others out and if I can, I damn sure will! 😉 So how did I get so smart you might ask… (haha please feel the ironic tone in my webvoice ;)). The biggest part of my learning process was reading other photographers’ blogs, learning about their experiences, hearing their stories and soaking in their tutorials! There are a lot of wonderful photographers out there who dedicate themselves not only to be top notch wedding photographers but also inspirations to the “new generation”. They share their secrets, they share their stories and make it their goal to make all of us dreamers out their believe that we can actually do it! With hard work and dedication (ok I might have watched too many Biggest Loser episodes… if you don’t know what I’m talking about… good for you! Junk TV is my
best friend enemy! ;))
Here are a few photographers whose blog was worth a million photography/business books for me. If you’re just starting out, I suggest you read up their archives and make use of their wisdom! They sure know what they are talking about!
1. Jasmine Star – I have talked about my love for JStar several times on this blog before, but honestly, noone has been more inspiring or a bigger help on my journey than this girl. I’ve spent weeks if not months reading every single blogpost she has ever written and I might have a slight case of a stalker here too… 😉 She has the perfect photography dream story, coming from nothing, not having a clue about photography but than very quickly becoming one of the top 10 wedding photographers of the world. MUST READ!!!
2. Justin & Mary – They are not only a rockin photography couple, but they are some of the nicest, most humble people I know in photography blog world! Mary actually answers every single blog comment and my heart skipped a beat when I first read a comment from her on my blog!!! Mary…. keep rockin! (awww…. they are awesome teachers too btw ;))
3. Katelyn James – this girl surely knows how to build a brand for yourself and she is not afraid to share her secrets! Her blog is one of my daily top reads!
4. Zach & Jody Gray – Seriously awesome wedding photographers with seriously awesome content geared toward photographers on their blog & website!
5. Rock n Roll Bride – The Green Room – I bet you all know Kat and her amazeball of a blog Rock n Roll bride. However what you may not know is that she has just started a new section of her blog called the Green Room, where she posts about the business of weddings, interviews with photographers and top notch content you definitely want to read! 😉
I hope you’ll enjoy reading through my faves! If you know of anyone else that should be on my list, don’t be shy… I’d love to start stalking them too! 😉